A fire spokesman said a 10-year-old boy was taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore following the incident, which occurred in Severna Park.
Two boys were hospitalized after experiencing an electric shock in Severna Park on Monday afternoon, according to an Anne Arundel County fire department spokesman. Lt. Cliff Kooser said one of the boys touched a power line with a bamboo stick. Medics responded to the 600 block of Randall Road, near the B&A Trail, at 12:30 p.m. on Monday. Kooser said a 10-year-old boy was treated for a burn and sent to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. A second boy, of an unknown age, was treated for minor injuries at Anne Arundel Medical Center. Odenton-Severn Patch Editor Tim Lemke contributed to this report.