Kinder Farm Park
Kinder Farm Park is one of Anne Arundel County's jewels, with 288 acres, once farmland, purchased by the county in 1979 from the Kinder family, the original owners. Located off of Jumpers Hole Road in Millersville, the park is a hub of activity with playgrounds, walking, biking and jogging trails, an active 4H Club, working barns, silos, ballfields, pavilions and events throughout the year. Operated by the Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks Department, the park is lucky to have The Friends of Kinder Farm Park, a group of volunteers who help with funding and host events and activities that highlight a typical working farm set in Maryland during the 1930s. The park is open to county and non-county residents but closed on Tuesdays.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 4:00pm; Sat - Sun, 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: Kinder's park office located in the center of the park, is housed in a 1926 brick farm house, one of the oldest historical buildings on the grounds. Part of the property is designed to resemble a 1930s depression-era farm.
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Ranger, Restrooms, Tours
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 288 acres
- Features: Jungle gym, See-saw, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables