High school football teams in Anne Arundel County will begin their fourth week of play on Friday night. Patch has rounded up the records and schedules for each team and produced some power rankings.
1. Arundel (3-0): The Wildcats will take on South River (2-1) on Friday night in Edgewater. Arundel will have to play on the road, but has been impressive in its first three outings behind the quarterback duo of Jack Gordon and Cooper Hibbs. It should take down South River as well.
2. Old Mill (3-0): The Patriots will take on Northeast (1-2) in Pasadena. Old Mill easily handled North County and Broadneck, beating the schools by a combined margin of difference of 82 points. The Patriots defeated Severna Park in overtime. Expect them to beat Northeast.
3. Meade (2-1): Meade will have a home game against Chesapeake (1-2) Friday evening. Meade suffered a 40-8 shellacking at Arundel last week. The Mustangs will be looking to get back in the win column and will rely on leading rusher Marcus Smith. The Mustangs should take down the Cougars.
4. South River (2-1): The Seahawks will take on Arundel (3-0) in Edgewater.
5. Severna Park (2-1): The Falcons are coming off an overtime win over Annapolis where kicker Jack Kenealy hit a 26-yard field goal for the victory. Severna Park will play at home against Southern (0-3) on Friday. Southern has yet to get a win this year and probably won't get one against Severna Park.
6. Broadneck (2-1): Plays at Glen Burnie
7. Glen Burnie (2-1): Home against Broadneck
8. Northeast (1-2): Home against Old Mill
9. Chesapeake (1-2): Plays at Meade
10. Annapolis (0-3): Home against North County
11. Southern (0-3): Plays at Severna Park
12. North County (0-3): Plays at Annapolis
What do you think of thes rankings? Sound off in the comments below!