High school football teams in Anne Arundel County will begin their fifth week of play on Friday night. Patch has rounded up the records and schedules for each team and produced some power rankings.
1. Arundel (4-0): The Wildcats will take on North County Friday evening at home. Arundel pounded South River 49-6 last week and has scored a combined 186 points in the season's opening four weeks. Running back Matt Davis has looked strong at running back and the quarterback duo of Jack Gordon and Cooper Hibbs has been efficient. Expect the Wildcats to easily handle North County.
1. Old Mill (4-0): The Patriots will have a tough battle against Meade (3-1) on Saturday evening in Millersville. Old Mill defeated an inferior Northeast last week, but Meade won't be that easy. The Mustang's only loss comes against Arundel, and the Patriots will take on Arundel next week, so beating Meade will be a high priority if they want to stay on top in the county.
2. Broadneck (3-1): The Bruins will take on their rivals Severna Park (3-1) during a Saturday matinee in Broadneck. It's no secret that these two teams each want to come out of this rival matchup on top. The Falcons have relied on kicker Jack Kenealy for victories in their last two games. You can expect this game to be a physical one and the winner is anyone's guess.
2. Meade (3-1): The Mustangs will travel to Old Mill (4-0).
2. Severna Park (3-1): The Falcons will travel to Broadneck (3-1).
3. Glen Burnie (2-2): Plays at Southern.
3. South River (2-2): Plays at Annapolis.
4. Chesapeake (1-3): Plays at Northeast.
4. North County (1-3): Plays at Arundel.
4. Northeast (1-3): Home against Chesapeake.
5. Annapolis (0-4): Home against South River.
5. Southern (0-4): Home against Glen Burnie.