The NeighborCare pharmacy at Southgate (325 Hospital Drive) in Glen Burnie shuttered at 4 p.m. on Friday. Prescriptions were transferred to Walgreens at 7953 Crain Highway South.
The company said the following locations were closed on Friday:
- Southgate (Medical Arts Centre of Glen Burnie)
- Columbia (Howard County General)
- Owings Mills (Crossroads Medical Center)
- Baltimore (Liberty Medical Center)
- Pikesville (4000 Old Court Rd.)
Omnicare closed the pharmacies in a strategic move so it could focus on serving institutions like skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, according to The Baltimore Sun.