FAMILY BEST BETS FOR MARCH 24 - 31
1. Beauty & the Beast Junior March 25 and March 26
- Where/When: 122 Hoyle Ln, Severna Park, MD 21146/ Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Why Go? Chance to see a local production by the Jones Elementary School Drama Club. "Beauty & the Beast Junior" is a magical musical adventure based on the classic story. The cast and crew are comprised of fourth and fifth graders and are under the direction of Josh Peters (CENTERSTAGE in Baltimore), Musical Director Elizabeth Nicholas (music teacher at Jones Elementary) and Choreographer Barbara Kalafos.For additional information, please contact John Stefancik at 443-621-0416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pricing: Tickets are $4 and concessions will be available.
2. Rec Deeds 2011 Run/Walk March 26
- Where/When: 9500 Fort Smallwood Road, Pasadena, MD 21122/ Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
- Why Go?: Opportunity to participate in a 5K and Fun Walk that benefits Recreation Deeds for Special Needs, a nonprofit Friends and Family organization established to provide camp scholarships, adaptive equipment, training and volunteer support to people with disabilities. Registration begins at 7:15am. Register online at http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/recdeeds5krun.cfm or phone 410-222-7313, Ext. 355 for more information. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Pricing: Adult Registration (ages 18 and up) - $18.00
Youth Registration - $15.00
Group Registration (5 or more) - $15.00/participant
Fun Walk - $10.00/participant
3. Muddy Creek Canoe Excursion at SERC March 26
- Where/When: Smithsonian Environmental Research Center,647 Contees Wharf Rd, Edgewater, MD 21037 (http://www.serc.si.edu/)/ Saturday 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Why Go?: Enjoy the great outdoors with a canoe excursion on Muddy Creek. This event is for anyone over the age of 6. The excursion is limited to 16 participants. Pre-registration is required by calling (443) 482.2300. Canoes, paddles and lifejackets will be provided.
- Pricing: The cost is $14 for adults and $7 for children 6-12 years old.
4. Animal Bite Force March 26
- Where/When: 623 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Severna Park, MD 21146/ Saturday 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Why Go?: If your child is a junior animal researcher, this is the event for them! Presented by www.CheloniaEco-Adventures.com, class participants will look at some live animals and learn how to collect data by investigating and measuring model skulls from a hippopotamus, crocodile, sea turtle and tiger shark. Observe different animal's teeth to guess what they eat. Use a real “Bite Force Meter” and test how strong the animals’ bite strength is compared to a human's....then take a big bite and find out what YOUR bite strength is! The winner of the class will take home a gator tooth! Space is limited. Please call/text 410-279-5416 or e-mail msb@CheloniaEco-Adventures.com to hold your spot.
- Pricing: $15 per child with a $5 sibling discount
5. ArtFest Open House at Maryland Hall March 27
- Where/When: Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts,801 Chase St, Annapolis, MD 21401 (http://marylandhall.org/home_flash.asp )/ Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Why Go?: This is a free event for the whole family and features creative activities, open studios, demonstrations and performances. For a schedule of events, visit http://www.marylandhall.org/ArtFest%20PDF%20for%20website.pdf or call 410-263-5544 for more information.
- Pricing: Free