Invite a friend
BWMC Hosts Heartbeat for Health
Baltimore Washington Medical Center is sponsoring Heartbeat for Health on Saturday, February 16, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Severna Park Community Center. This free, informative and fun-filled event will celebrate the benefits of dance and exercise in the prevention of heart disease, while reinforcing community awareness and education about overall health and wellness. Country-line dancing, belly dancing and hip-hop demonstrations will be presented by local dance studios. Exercise demonstrations, including using a stability ball and Zumba, will be offered by area fitness experts. Participants will have an opportunity to try each dance style and exercise.
Free health screenings including cholesterol, bone density, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure and educational displays for cancer and heart health will be offered. Refreshments and promotional items will also be available. Registration is not required.
The Severna Park Community Center is located at 623 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard in Severna Park. For more information about Heartbeat for Health or for a free calendar of events of free screenings and programs at Baltimore Washington Medical Center, call the medical center’s Marketing and Communications Department at 410-787-4367.
More About Severna Park Community Center
Severna Park Community Center is conveniently located in the center of town and offers a selection of meeting and activity rooms for rent to the public. Among the many offerings are swimming programs, a warm therapy pool, basketball, volleyball, dance classes, art classes, a dance studio and more. The building is home to the historic Holy Grounds Youth Center, located next door. The space accomodates up to 150 people.
It is known for its annual special events, such as an annual spaghetti dinner fundraiser, haunted holy grounds, free adult flu shots and a health fair, Christmas holiday plant sale, fitness expo, Valentine gifts for adults and kids program and national day of dance, to name just a few. All are welcome at the center, with programs and classes for all ages.
Other events here
- Walking Program/ Severna Park Nutrition Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:15 am–9:45 am
- How to save money on your Utility Bill...every month April 18, 2013 / April 25, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 30, 2013, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Mantra Fit Bootcamp Weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 6:00 am–7:00 am
- Mantra Fit Bootcamp Weekly on Saturdays, 8:00 am–9:00 am
- Table Tennis Club Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Engineering For Kids Aerospace Engineering Class May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 5:00 pm–6:30 pm