As part of Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake's recent 11-house dedication on Clay Street in Annapolis, the Severna Park Coalition sponsored and provided volunteer labor for the completion of 101 Clay St. in Annapolis.
The Severna Park Coalition is made up of faith partners from the following churches:
- Woods Memorial Presbyterian Church
- St. Bernadette Catholic Church
- Prince of Peace Presbyterian Church
- The Church at Severn Run
- Glen Burnie United Methodist Church
- Severna Park United Methodist Church
Homeowner Ophelia Matthews worked side by side with the volunteers throughout the months-long building process. During the build, a steadfast friendship formed between the coalition members and the homeowner and her children. Following the October 3 dedication, the public was invited to tour the home and participate in the blessing of the house by the family's pastor.