Crews Battle Chimney Fire on Tuesday Night
The fire occurred around 9 p.m. on Tuesday at a home on Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard.
Fire officials battled a chimney fire that spread to the roof and attic of a Severna Park home on Tuesday night.
Capt. Mike Pfaltzgraff of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department said officials responded to the 8300 block of Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard on Tuesday night for the report of a chimney fire.
Pfaltzgraff said the fire extended from the chimney and into the roof and attic area of the home. It took about 45 firefighters approximately 40 minutes to get the fire under control.
There were people home at the time of the fire, but Pfaltzgraff said no one was injured or displaced.
Pfaltzgraff said this incident occurred around the same time as a chimney fire in the 1900 block of Mackiebeth Court in Annapolis. That fire was contained to the chimney and no one was hurt.
Odenton-Severn Patch Editor Tim Lemke contributed to this report.