Grab your purse or wallet, put on your sneakers and circle the park starting Friday, where awesome deals await the community. Your local merchants have put together fantastic deals. Take advantage of their generous discounts—shop local!
- The Cottage in Park Plaza has an array of Black Friday specials. Be one of the first 20 customers and receive a free holiday tote with a $100 Vera Bradley purchase. Or be one of the first 12 customers making a $30 Crabtree purchase and get a free gift set. If Spartina is a favorite designer, a free coin purse is yours if you are one of the first 12 customers to purchase $50 worth of Spartina merchandise. Customers who bring in a non-perishable donation for SPAN of two cans or boxes will receive a free grab bag, up to a $40 value, while supplies last.
- Chesapeake Treasures is a treasure in the park and all of the sales benefit the Hospice of the Chesapeake. In addition to the $100 shopping spree raffle, the 16th Annual Santa Raffle will take place between Nov. 1 and Dec. 15. This nostalgic soft-sculpture, doll-sized Santa replica, is handmade by Virginia McConnell and is on display at Treasures. Tickets are $1 each or $5 for six and can be purchased at Treasures in Park Plaza. The drawing for the Santa will be held Dec. 15 at 4:30 pm. You are not required to be present to win and proceeds benefit Treasures.
- For the outdoor chef, Gordon Clement of Clement Hardware invites those looking to please their favorite grill meister to his store where a closeout special on a Weber Grill 2010 model EP-320 for $549 will be sizzling. Compare that price with the 2011 price of $749. Not bad! Gordon said color choices are limited, but the grills are new in the box and a great value.
- Toys, books, games—it’s the time of year when Franklin’s Toys in Park Plaza has their elves busy 24/7 and will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. with 20 percent off storewide on Black Friday. Owner Jeff Franklin added that on Dec. 3, all day, 5 percent of all sales will be donated to the Early Childhood Coalition. And of course, mark your calendars for the annual Lego event Dec. 10.
- Looking for greeting cards and wrapping paper? Paper in the Park, owned by Susie Hill, is offering 60 percent off all in-stock boxed holiday cards and invitations. Buy-one, get-one free on wrapping paper and free personalization on all in-stock boxed notecards. Paper in the Park, 487 Ritchie Hwy. #104, (Brian Boru shopping center).
- It's all half-price at Partner's In Care with a 50 percent off sale from 7–10 a.m. Friday when everything will be reduced in the Upscale Resale Boutique, including jewelry, ladies', men's and children’s clothing, accessories, toys, furniture, holiday decorations and housewares. Don’t miss this opportunity to pick up treasures for the holidays. Other specials and promotions will be held throughout the day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Boutique is located at 6 South Ritchie Highway, at the corner of East-West Boulevard in Pasadena. Call 410-544-0568 for more information. Partners In Care is a 501c3 community nonprofit. Your donations and purchases help older adults remain independent in their own homes. To learn more, visit www.partnersincare.org.
- Looking for designer clothing or a handbag for the holidays? Savvy Consignments, owned by Stacey Cassidy, invites the community to shop the Black Friday sales from 9–11 a.m. with 25 percent off and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. with 20 percent off. There's plenty of new designer fashions arriving daily.
- Have a piece of art that needs framing, or looking for a unique handcrafted gift? Side Street Framers and Gift Gallery in Park Plaza will be offering 50 percent off framed art; some exclusions apply. The shop is owned by Barbara Daniels and her daughter Dawn Wilson, who said the staff will be thanking customers for their patronage on Friday and Saturday with free refreshments.
- For the runner on your Christmas list, get up early and jog (or drive, easier to carry packages home) over to Spark Running owned by Caitlin Burman, in Park Plaza opening early at 7 a.m. on Black Friday with all purchases 15 percent off from 7 tp 10 a.m. Bonus: The first 20 customers who spend $75 and up will also receive a free goody bag.
- Furniture, clothing, accessories, jewelry and more await at Twice Around The Park. Owner Betsy Hein reports the consignment shop will be closed on Black Friday, but open the next day in celebration of Small Business Saturday, when everything in the store will be 20 percent off.
- For the connoisseur in your life who appreciates hand-selected cheeses, fresh-made dips, wine and many more choices to please the palette, Victoria's Fancy Foods in the 1st Mariner Plaza is offering 20 percent off all gift certificates. Get a $100 gift card for $80 or a $50 card for $40. Valid for one year. “Remember, the gift of food is always in good taste,” owner Victoria Stagmer said.
- Everything here is for the birds, and those who love to feed and watch them. The Wild Bird Center in Park Plaza, owned by Michael and Carol Moore, will be welcoming families and giving away two bird identification posters designed by Cornell Labs along with store specials on certain items. Mention at the counter that you read it on Patch and receive 20 percent off any one item.
- And ... let's not forget our online businesses who are operating on the Web but live here in Severna Park. One is Chris Linthicum, of HiTech Upgrades, LLC, who contacted Patch with his company's holiday specials. See the PDF on this post for some great deals on audio/visual equipment.
There are plenty more deals to be had around Severna Park, if you know of one, please add it to the comments below. Remember a gift certificate to a local restaurant or salon is always a welcome gift.
*Editor's Note: This post has been updated to reflect the correct time of Franklin's Toy sale which is from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Black Friday. Also, Spark Running is offering 15 percent off to all customers from 7 to 10 a.m. and a goody bag to the first 20 customers who spend $75 and up.