Artisan Demonstrations, Maryland Day, Drumming, Pizza and Hands-On Science
Here are a few great ideas to help plan your weekend. Pick the ones that work for you and have a good time!
FAMILY BEST BETS FOR MARCH 17 - 24
1. Artisan Demonstration at the Severna Park Library March 19
- Where/When: Severna Park Library, 45 McKinsey Rd, Severna Park, MD 21146/ Saturday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Why Go?: Great opportunity to learn about decorative painting, quilting and/or spinning. Local artisans will demonstrate their skills and exhibit their creations. Artisans will also be available to answer questions. This event is for ages 10 and older. For more information, visit http://www.aacpl.net/events/spring_11.pdf
- Pricing: Free
2. Annapolis Maritime Museum Oyster Roast and Sock Burning March 19
- Where/When: Annapolis Maritime Museum http://amaritime.org/events.html ,723 Second St, Annapolis, MD 21403/ Saturday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Why Go?: The event begins with the burning of socks (a spring tradition at Annapolis Maritime Museum) and includes family activities, live music, oyster shucking and cooking demonstrations.
- Pricing: $20 per adult, $5 for children 5-12 and free for children under age 5.
3. Workshop for Drummers March 19
- Where/When: Cypress Marine, 730 Cypress Rd, Severna Park, MD 21146/ Saturday 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Why Go?: The percussionist in your family will love this all-ages and levels workshop for drummers. The day includes special guests: David Crozier, Bend Cowen of Parlaiment Funkadelics, Mark Merella, Professor Marty Knepp, Nucleo Vega, Nick Costa and Brandon Bartlett.
- In addition, there will be a grill available for cooking and guests are requested to bring a food item to share. For additional information, visit https://www.facebook.com/people/Drum-Stock/100001535328533?sk=wall or Allen J. Flinchum at 410-647-7940.
- Pricing: Free
4. Ledo's Morgan Beverly Suicide Prevention Foundation Fundraiser March 22
- Where/When: Ledo Pizza & Pasta, 552 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park, MD 21146/ Tuesday 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Why Go?: Support a great local cause! Whether you dine in or carry out...say you are there to support the Morgan Beverly Foundation and a portion of the evenings sales will go to the foundation. For more information, visit http://www.morganbeverlyfoundation.com
- Pricing: Varies depending on menu items.
5. "Mom N' Me" Fizz and Pop Class at Smithsonian Environmental Research Center March 23
- Where/When: Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, 647 Contees Wharf Rd, Edgewater, MD 21037 / Wednesday 10 a.m.
Why Go?: A great chance for your pre-schooler to learn about science! This is a hands-on demonstration of acids and bases and is for children ages 3 - 5. To register, please call (443)482-2300. For more information, visit http://www.serc.si.edu/
Pricing: Cost is $7/child and $3/siblings.